On May 1, 2020, USCIS issued an alert to extend deadlines by 60 days from the date a response is due because of COVID-19. Despite USCIS being closed to the public for interviews, USICS is still processing petitions and is still requiring additional documents to be submitted. This extension extends the deadlines for responses for the following notices:
- Requests for Evidence;
- Continuations to Request Evidence (N-14);
- Notices of Intent to Deny;
- Notices of Intent to Revoke;
- Notices of Intent to Rescind and Notices of Intent to Terminate regional investment centers; and
- Filing date requirements for Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion.
If the issuance date on any of the above falls on or between March 1, 2020 and July 1, 2020, USCIS will extend the deadlines by providing an additional 60 days to respond.
This new alert is an extension of a previous extension USCIS issued on March 30, 2020. The previous extension only went to May 1, 2020. USCIS has now pushed that date to July 1, 2020.
Make sure you still respond by the deadline plus 60 days. Contact us to let us help you respond, especially for RFEs, which will be your only chance to respond. Don’t let your petition be denied. Why choose us?